Throughout this unit, we will be discussing all the important skills necessary for you to become a successful seller of tourism products and services.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - Identifying Customer Needs
- Identifying Customer Needs
- Accurately Identifying Customer Needs and Preferences
- Needs and Wants
- Preferences and Expectations
- Special Requirements and Needs
- Cultural and Social Needs
- Checkpoint 1
- Specific Product Information and Advice Needs
- Verbal Language
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Written Language:
- Checkpoint 2
- Meeting Ethical and Legal Requirements
- Ethical Issues
- Legal Commitments
- Establishing Rapport with the Customer
- Rapport and Goodwill
- First Impressions
- Qualifying the Customer
- Checkpoint 3
3 - Suggesting Products to Meet Customer Needs
- Suggesting Products to Meet Customer Needs
- Using Product Knowledge to Tailor Product Options
- Customer Groups
- Customer Groups Challenge
- Product Knowledge
- Building Product Knowledge
- Making Product Suggestions
- What Companies to Choose?
- Checkpoint 4
- Selling Additional Products
- Additional Products
- Sourcing Additional Information
- Additional Information
- Checkpoint 5
4 - Providing Specific Product Information and Advice
- Providing Specific Product Information and Advice
- Providing Current and Accurate Information and Advice
- Ensuring Information is Current
- Importance of Accuracy
- Checkpoint 6
- Full Disclosure/No Misleading Statements
- Booking Conditions
- General Booking Conditions
- Specific Conditions of Sale
- Conditions of Sale Challenge
- Suggesting Alternative Products and Services
- Why are products not available?
- Room Allotments
- Formatting and Presenting Options
- Ensure Customer Understanding
- Providing Scope and Depth of Information
- Checkpoint 7
5 - Selling the Product
- Selling the Product
- Explaining and Promoting Features and Benefits
- Opening the Sale
- Put the Customer in the Picture
- Features and Benefits
- Overcoming Objections
- Using Selling Techniques
- Enhance the Quality of Service to Customers
- Checkpoint 8
6 - Following up Sales Opportunities
- Following up Sales Opportunities
- Making Follow up Contact
- Providing After-sales Service
- Checkpoint 9
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.