The most common question that Booking Agents are asked by customers is “how much will that cost?”. Throughout this unit we will be looking at not only how to calculate quotes, but where to source the prices and what to include on all written quotes. We also look at the importance of making profit for our business.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - Calculate Costs of Products and Services
- Calculate Costs of Products and Services
- Creating Customer Records
- Client File
- Trip File
- Types of Customer Records
- Sourcing Information for the Quotation
- Sourcing Information
- Checkpoint 1
- Selecting Information
- Selecting Information Continued
- Interpreting Information
- Checkpoint 2
- Negotiating Costs
- Preferred Agreements
- Costing Sources
- Negotiating Responsibility
- Calculating Commissions and Mark Ups
- Checkpoint 3
- Why is Yield Important?
- Price Breakdowns
- How Does it All Work?
- Calculating Commissions and Mark-ups
- Percentage Mark Up
- Calculating Mark Ups
- Calculating Mark Ups Continued
- Mark Ups in Tourism Industry
- Accurately Calculating Charges
- Special Fees
- Other Charges
- Checkpoint 4
- Calculating Currency Conversions
- Choosing the Correct Currencies
- Calculating Foreign Exchange
- Foreign Currency Examples
- Exchanging Foreign Currency
- Calculating Final Cost
- Total Quote
- Costing Sheets
- Checking Calculations
- Keep a Record of Calculation
- Checkpoint 5
3 - Providing Quotes to Customers
- Providing Quotes to Customers
- Including All Customer Requirements
- Considerations When Preparing Quotes
- Offering Secondary Quotations with Options
- Dont Make Assumptions!
- Including All Details and Conditions
- Full Costs of All Products Booked
- Full Disclosure of All Fees Charged
- Terms and Conditions
- Limitations that Apply to the Quote
- Checkpoint 6
- Recording Quotation Details
- Minimise Environmental Impacts
4 - Updating and Amending Quotations
- Updating and Amending Quotations
- Adjusting and Updating Quotations to Reflect Changes
- Making New Quotations
- Changed Quotes
- Glossary Terms
- Checkpoint 7
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.