The key for businesses in the service industries to ensure repeat custom, consumer loyalty and profitable, long term business survival is to focus on their unique customer bases. Therefore, it is important that you are clear on who your customers are and that you are an expert on the product you sell.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - Product, Service and Market Knowledge
- Develop Product and Service Knowledge
- Research Methods
- Formal and informal research methods
- Difference between the types of research
- Developing Market Knowledge
- Internal and External Factors that Affect an Organisation
- Internal Factors
- External Factors
- Consumer Protection Law
- Checkpoint 1
- Customer Profiling
- Customer Profile
- Different Client Groups
- Choosing Room Type Challenge
- Customer Service Videos
- Feedback and the Importance of Customer Evaluations
- Damage Control: The Dirty Room
3 - Provide a Quality Service Experience
- Provide a Quality Service Experience
- Principles of Customer Service
- Industry and Accreditation Schemes
- Star Ratings Systems
- Checkpoint 2
- Additional Marketing Activities
- New Trends and Innovative Ideas
- Defining the Product and Selling
- Sales Techniques
- Different Sales Techniques
- How to Develop Products and Services
- Reality Checks
- Damage Control: Fire Alarm
4 - Deal with Difficult Customer Service Situations
- Dealing with Difficult Customer Service Situations
- Dealing with a Complaint
- Damage Control: Valet Parking
5 - Manage Client and Customer Information
- Manage Client and Customer Information
6 - Manage Quality Service Delivery
- Manage Quality Service Delivery
- Setting Service Standards
- Policies and Procedures
- Types of Policies and Procedures
- Checkpoint 3
- Importance of Policies and Procedures
- Communicate Expectations for Service
- Reality Check 5: The Polite Waitress
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Checkpoint 4
- Quality Management
- Improving Customer Service
- Obtaining Customer Feedback
- Customer Service Improvements
- Monitoring and Evaluating Customer Service
- Assessing and Adjusting Customer Service
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Service at Hotel Futura
- Checkpoint 5
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.