The knowledge required to evaluate a range of beverages and their compatibility with different food items and cuisines has to be quite in-depth. Providing relevant advice to customers on their food and beverage selection has to be based on sound personal product knowledge and a desire for high-level customer service.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - Matching Food and Beverages
- Matching Food and Beverages
- Understanding Taste and Flavour
- Detecting Tastes
- Detecting Tastes Challenge
- Seasonings and Flavourings
- Impact of Flavourings on Dishes
- Effects of Cookery Methods on Compatibility
- Moist Heat Cookery Methods
- Dry Heat Cookery Methods
- Alcohol in Cooking
- Correct Types of Wine
- Checkpoint 1
- Food Features and Their Effect on Beverages
- Matching Key Flavour Components
- Checkpoint 2
- Production Techniques and Their Impact on Matching
- Food and Wine Pairing
- New World Wine Regions
- Applied Example of Food and Wine Matching
- Basic Pairings
- Basic Pairings Challenge
- Checkpoint 3
- Impact of Cookery Methods on Pairings
- Other Considerations for Pairing Food and Wine
- Examples of Food and Wine Pairing
- Food and Beer Pairings
- Food and Beer Pairing
- Food and Spirit Pairings
- Food and Liqueur Pairings
- Suitable Wines to Pair with Food
- Checkpoint 4
3 - Providing Advice on Food and Beverage Compatibility
- Providing Advice on Food and Beverage Compatibility
- Building Your Palate and Knowledge Base
- Discussing Options with Customers
- Building Rapport and Goodwill
- Tailoring Advice to Customer Needs
- Aspects Considered When Advising Customers
- Ethical Business Considerations
- Checkpoint 5
4 - Extending and Updating Wine Knowledge
- Extending and Updating Wine Knowledge
- Finding Information about Wine and Beer
- Workplace Experiences
- Beverage Trends
- Different Trends
- Food and Wine Festivals
- Valuable Information Sources
- Checkpoint 6
- Using Your Knowledge
- Conducting Product Tastings and Tours
- Providing Advice to Customers
- Customers Choice of Dishes
- Assisting Product Selection
- Providing Input into Menus
- Consider the Wording
- Specific Matching Menus
- Checkpoint 7
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.