Marketing is planned advertising, promotions, publicity, public relations and even social media interaction. Getting customers to visit your business and spend their money is sales which come from developing and implementing marketing strategies.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - The Marketing Environment
- The Marketing Environment
- Knowing Your Company and its Products
- Researching Previous Marketing Efforts
- Industry Bodies
- Analysing the Market
- SWOT Analysis
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses Internal Environment
- Implications of Each Strength and Weakness
- Strengths and Weaknesses Analysis
- Identify Opportunities and Threats External Environment
- Analysing Opportunities and Threats
- Other Opportunities and Threats
- External vs. Internal Environment
- Developing Marketing Strategies
- Checkpoint 1
- Marketing Mix
- Direct Sales Distribution
- Indirect Sales Distribution
- Channel Selection
- The Other Ps
- McKinseys 7S Framework
- The Marketing Environment
- Political and Legal
- Australian Consumer Law
- Checkpoint 2
- Economic and Demographic
- Social and Cultural
- Competitor Analysis
- Who Are the Competitors?
- What Are They Trying to Achieve?
- How Are They Trying to Achieve It?
- What Are Their Strengths and Weaknesses?
- How Will They Respond to Your Presence?
- Damage Control: The New Player
- Trends and Developments
- Trends and Developments Continued
- Price Trends
- Checkpoint 3
- Restaurant Trends
- Tourism Trends
- Event Trends
- Distribution Channels Trends
- Promotion Trends
- Promotion Trends Continued
- Tourism Slogans Around the World
- Human Resources Trends
- Emerging Markets
- Hotel Trends
- Business Ethics
- Behaving in an Ethical Manner
- Determining the Ethical Course of Action
- Ethical Advertising
3 - Developing Marketing Strategies
- Developing a Marketing Strategy
- Basing a Marketing Strategy on Product or Service
- Marketing Plans
- Checkpoint 4
- Marketing Planning
- Analysing Data
- Key Aspects of a Marketing Plan
- Global Marketing Strategies
- From Strategy to Action
- SMART Principle
- Marketing Plan Content
- Marketing Plan Brief
- New Marketing Plan
4 - Monitor Marketing Activities
- Control and Evaluate Marketing Activities
- Checkpoint 5
- Performance Analysis
- Reviewing Marketing Operations
- Reporting on Marketing Activities
- Damage Control: Forgotten Tracking
- Checkpoint 6
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.