The business plan will describe how you will manage the financial operations of the business, market your business in a strategic manner, manage your operations efficiently and lead your staff in a legal and effective way.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
- Components of a Business Plan
2 - Analysing the Internal and External Business Environments
- Analysing the Internal and External Business Environments
- SWOT Analysis
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses â€“ Internal Environment
- Implications of Strengths and Weaknesses
- Identify Opportunities and Threats â€“ External Environment
- Reality Check: Cashflow
- Internal and External Environment Factors
- Checkpoint 1
- PEST Analysis
- Political and Legal
- Economic and Demographic
- Social and Cultural
- Checkpoint 2
- Competitor Analysis
- Who are the Competitors?
- What are They Trying to Achieve?
- How are They Trying to Achieve it?
- What Are Their Strengths and Weaknesses?
- Obtaining Information from Competitors
- How Will They Respond to Your Presence?
- Consulting with Stakeholders
- Reality Check: Business Plans
3 - Formulating a Business Plan
- Identifying Business Objectives
- Mission Statements Examples
- Business Risk Analysis
- Checkpoint 3
- Developing Plans
- Operational Plan
- Implementing Operational Plans
- Marketing Plan
- Financial Plan
- Human Resources Plan
- Checkpoint 4
- Management Plan
- Quality Management
- Quality Management Example
- Reality Check: Corporate Strategy
- Other Considerations
- Legal and Ethical Requirements
- Staff Involvement
- Developing Business Plans Summary
- Checkpoint 5
4 - Using a Business Plan
- Using a Business Plan
- Action Plan
- Key Notes on Action Plans
- Involving Staff
- Monitoring the Business Plan
- Responding to Changes
- Damage Control: Functions Centre
- Damage Control: Loss of a Manager
- Checkpoint 6
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.