Cleaning is the process of keeping your kitchen in a tidy and hygienic state. Cleaning is essential for preventing contamination and for keeping your expensive equipment in good condition. This module covers:
- Cleaning – the removal of unwanted dirt, soil and other elements from preparation surfaces, knives, benches, floors, equipment and all other areas of food premises
- Sanitising – the reduction of the number of bacteria present on these surfaces through the use
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
- Kitchen Cleaning Overview
- Products Used for Cleaning
- Cleaning in the Kitchen Challenge Pt 1
- Cleaning in the Kitchen Challenge Pt 2
- pH Scale
- Products Used for Sanitising
- Bacterial Growth
- Sanitiser Concentration
- Sanitiser Challenge
- Chemical Storage
- Cleaning Products Documentation
- Chemicals and Food
- Calculation Challenge
- Handling Chemical Spills and Accidents
- Mixing Chemicals
- Dealing with Accidents
- Checkpoint 1
- Equipment Used for Cleaning
- Cleaning Agents and Equipment Summary
2 - Cleaning in the Kitchen
- Cleaning in the Kitchen
- Cleaning the Kitchen Premises
- Pest Control
- Inspecting Cleaning Equipment
- Inspecting Cleaning Equipment Video
- Identifying Cleaning Equipment
- Using Cleaning Equipment Safely
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning WHS
- Checkpoint 2
- Correct Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning the Kitchen Videos
- Cleaning the Coolroom
- Cleaning Benches
- Cleaning the Kitchen Challenge
- Using Cleaning Equipment Correctly
- Checkpoint 3
- Cleaning Kitchen Equipment
- Cleaning Large Equipment
- Cleaning Large Equipment Challenge
- Cleaning Crockery, Cutlery and Cooking Equipment
- Cleaning Dishes, Pots and Pans
- Cleaning Small Equipment
- Chefs Hints
- Using a Dishwasher
- Cleaning Small Equipment Challenge
- Cleaning Chopping Boards
- Cleaning a Deep Fryer
- Cleaning Other Equipment
- Cleaning Rubbish Bins
- Checkpoint 4
- Ensuring Sufficient Supplies of Crockery
3 - Reducing Negative Environmental Impacts
- Reducing Negative Environmental Impacts
- Water Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency
- Waste Management
- Menu Item Waste
- Waste Minimisation Challenge
4 - End of Service Procedures
- End of Service Procedures
- Storing Cleaning Equipment
- Storage Animation
- Storing Equipment Challenge
- Checkpoint 5
- Waste Disposal
- Chemical Disposal
- Chemical Waste
- Handling Linen
- Bad Hygiene Practices
- Linen Cleaning Processes
- Contaminated Linen
- Contamination Challenge
5 - Following Cleaning Procedures
- Following Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning Schedules
- General Cleaning and Maintenance
- Cleaning Schedule Challenge
- Cleaning Procedures Room Explorer
- Cleaning Kitchen Areas Challenge
- Cleaning and Maintenance Needs
- Cleaning Checklists
- Checkpoint 6
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.