You will need to be organised, so that you can carry out your tasks efficiently and correctly. You will need to work as a team member, because every kitchen relies on cooperation and team spirit. You will need to concentrate, because in the heat and rush of a kitchen, safety and hygiene are essential. You will need to understand the organisation of the kitchen so that you know where you fit in. You will need to follow the correct procedures for preparation, service and post-service operations. Consistency and accuracy are essential for providing a high level of service time after time.
Components in this Module
1 - Organising and Preparing for Service
- Organising and Preparing for Service
- Planning the Menu
- Equipment Considerations
- Equipment WHS
- Equipment Safety Concerns
- Establishing Recipe Cards
- Preparing Mise en Place
- Checkpoint 1
- Banquet Analysis Sheets
- Constructing Purchase/Order Lists
- Receiving Stock
- Storing Stock
- Constructing Preparation Lists
- Pre-Service Briefing
- Checkpoint 2
- Using Quality Controls
- Producing, Plating and Serving
- Commodity Identification Challenge
- Choosing a Cookery Method
2 - Teamwork and Organisation
- Teamwork and Organisation
- The Brigade
- Partie System
- Workflow Plans
- Workflow for Constructing a Bouquet Garni
- Workflow Menu Example
- Menu and Service Style Impacts
- Checkpoint 3
- Maintaining Cleanliness
3 - Service Procedures
- Service Procedures
- Reading Dockets
- Knowing Your Menu
- Organisation While Cooking
- Staying Focussed
- Plating Food
4 - Special Diets
- Special Diets
- Lifestyle Diets
- Adjusting Recipes
- Accommodating Lifestyle Diets
- Lifestyle Diets Challenge
- Health-Related Diets
- Gluten Free Menu Examples
- Restricted Sodium Menu Examples
- Cholesterol Lowering Menu Examples
- Increased Dietary Fibre Menu Examples
- Low Fat Menu Examples
- Diabetic Menu Examples
- Checkpoint 4
- Religion-Based and Cultural Diets
5 - End of Service Procedures
- End of Service Procedures
- Storage Animation
- Storing Equipment Challenge
- Debrief Session
- Post Service Debrief
- Checkpoint 5
- 1a What is Workplace Bullying?
- 1b Bullying Behaviours
- Technology and Social Media
- Passive and Aggressive Behaviours
- 1c Who can be a Bully?
- 1d What is not Bullying?
- Conflict in the Workplace
- Bullying and Discrimination
- Can You Identify Bullying?
- Checkpoint 1
- 2a Sexual Harassment
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Checkpoint 2
- 3a Effects of Bullying and Harassment
- How can Bullying and Harassment Impact You?
- Bullying Impacts Challenge
- Checkpoint 3
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.