A key role of Booking Agents is to sell holidays to customers.
Throughout this unit we will be looking at how to access product information, how to interpret that information and also how to update your product knowledge.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - Accessing Product Information
- Identifying the Need for Product Information
- Accessing Product Information
- Sales Needs for Product Information
- Operational Needs for Product Information
- Identifying and Accessing Sources of Product Information
- Checkpoint 1
- Product Information Sources
- Product Information Sources Continued
- Principal/ Supplier/ Wholesaler
- Social Media/Websites
- Communication Skills
- Checkpoint 2
- Selecting Sources According to Agreements and Needs
- Preferred Products and Suppliers
- Specific Customer Needs
- Features and Benefits
- Sourcing Specific Product Information to Meet Needs
- Types of Specific Product Information
- Accessing Specific Product Information
- Checkpoint 3
3 - Interpreting Product Information
- Interpreting Product Information
- Reading, Interpreting and Using Product Details
- Specific Product Information
- Flight Bookings
- Galileo Bookings
- Aircraft type
- Class of Travel
- Seat Configuration
- Airline Alliances
- Checkpoint 4
- Bed and Breakfasts
- Room Types and Codes
- Car hire
- Coach Touring
- Checkpoint 5
- Rail Travel
- Australian Rail
- International Rail Travel
- Insurance Accreditation
- Foreign Exchange
- Checkpoint 6
- Interpreting and Using Jargon and Product Specifications
- 24 hour clock
- Terms and Conditions
- Consumer Protection Laws
- Technical Capacity of Equipment
- Checkpoint 7
Identifying and Assessing Product-Related Risks
- Product Prices Increases
- Exchange Rate Changes
- Product Inclusions, Taxes and Levies
- Terms and Conditions
Seasonal Non-availability of Products
Non-operation of a Product
- Limitations in Participation
- Safety Risks to Customers
- World Events
- Damage Control: Soufriere Hills
- Damage Control: Airline Collapse
- Recording and storing Information for Future Use
- Checkpoint 8
4 - Updating Product Knowledge
- Updating Product Knowledge
- Continuously Obtaining Information
- Building Your Product Knowledge
- Staying Current with Emerging Customer Technologies
- Social Media
- Mobile Phones
- Sharing New or Updated Product Information with Colleagues
- Checkpoint 9
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.