Monitoring staff performance can be formal and informal. You will need to institute periodic performance reviews to help you plan for longer-term staff training and improvements. You will also need to make sure that you observe the daily procedures to make sure that the staff know their jobs. Communication is the key to correct monitoring of your staff and ensuring they are fully utilised.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - Analysing Staff Performance
- Developing and Communicating Monitoring Procedures
- Developing Performance Appraisals
- The SMART Principle
- Setting Targets
- Checkpoint 1
- Uniform and Appearance Appraisal
- Kitchen Uniform
- Frontline Service Uniform and Appearance
- Personal and Workplace Hygiene Appraisal
- Checkpoint 2
- Food and Beverage
- Principles of HACCP
- Frontline Service
- Recognising and Rewarding Achievement
- Checkpoint 3
- Recognising Performance Problems
- Performance Monitoring
- Grievance Procedures
- Review and Feedback
- Reality Check: Incorrect Staff Management
- Reality Check: Monitoring Staff
- Damage Control - High Profile Guests
- Damage Control - Inexperienced Concierge
- Identifying the Need for Coaching
- Identifying the Need for Coaching pt2
- Benefits of Conducting a TNA
- Checkpoint 4
3 - Resolving Performance Problems
- Resolving Performance Problems
- Strategies for Improving Performance
- Discussing Performance Problems
- Solving Performance Problems
- Checkpoint 5
- Counselling and Disciplinary Procedures
- Formal Grievance Procedures
- Supporting the Team
- Building on Performance Analysis
- Reality Check: Handling Staff Performance Issues
- Checkpoint 6
4 - Conducting a Performance Review
- Conducting a Performance Review
- Preparing for the Review
- Who Should Review Performance?
- Self-Assessment and Peer Review
- 360 Degree Feedback
- Administering the Review
- Administering the Review pt2
- Following Up the Review
5 - Implementing Performance Management Systems
- Performance Management Systems
- Performance Management Systems pt2
- Checkpoint 7
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.