Establishing an effective WHS system is not only a legal requirement for ensuring safety, it is also makes economical sense. Consider the financial costs involved with an injury – time off for the injured party, productive time lost, replacement training or overtime costs, increased insurance premiums, replacement costs and possible legal costs.
Components in this Module
1 - The WHS Framework
- Why is WHS Important?
- Access WHS Legislation
- WorkCover Codes of Practice
- Offences and Penalties
- The WHS Management System
- WHS Policies and Procedures
- Involving Staff in WHS Identification
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Example WHS Policies and Procedures
- Checkpoint 1
2 - Provide Information on Health, Safety and Security
- Provide Information on Health, Safety and Security
- Communicate WHS Information
- WHS Requirements
- Types of WHS Documentation
- Safety Data Sheet
- Risk Assessment Sheet
- Damage Control: Unsafe Flooring
- Checkpoint 2
- WHS Consultation - Duty to Consult
- When to Consult
- Making WHS Consultation Arrangements
- WHS Committee
- WHS Representative
- Employers Requirements for WHS Consultation
- Coordinate Participation in WHS Issues
- Checkpoint 3
3 - Provide WHS Training
- Provide WHS Training
- Record and Review WHS Training
- Emergency Evacuation Planning and Training
- Monitoring Workplace Practices
- Damage Control: Staff Quarters Fire
4 - WHS Considerations for Hotel Futura
- WHS Considerations for Hotel Futura
- Checkpoint 4
5 - Managing Hazards
- Managing Hazards
- Duty to Ensure Health and Safety
- Hazard Management
- Common Hazards in the Workplace
- Hazards Challenge
- Checkpoint 5
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Manage Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Accident Reports
- Checkpoint 6
6 - Security Issues in Hospitality
- Security Issues in Hospitality
- Hospitality Security Issues
- Privacy Issues and Security
- Damage Control: A Nice Surprise
- Insurance Needs in TH&E
- Checkpoint 7
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.