For supervisors and managers the challenge is to ensure the highest standard of customer service while minimising costs and maximising efficiency. Your business must provide high quality customer service to survive, but it cannot afford to provide customer service at astronomical costs. Monitoring, analysing, reviewing and improving the effectiveness of your operations is essential to the success of your business.
Components in this Module
1 - Monitoring and Improving Workplace Operations
- Monitoring Workplace Operations
- Supervising Grooming
- Personal Grooming
- Communicating Expectations
- Quality Assurance
- Australian Quality Standard
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Checkpoint 1
- Why Use a Quality System?
- Identifying and Solving Quality Problems
- Operational Problems
- Customer Feedback
- Making Improvements
- Damage Control: Overbooking
- Improving Workplace Operations
- Checkpoint 2
- Techniques to Improve Workplace Operations
- Customer Service Improvements
- Improving Sustainability of Operations
- Improving Economic Sustainability
- Improving Environmental Sustainability
- Reducing Harmful Impacts on the Environment
- Environmental Alternatives
- Improving Social Sustainability
- Leadership Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Challenge
- Improved Efficiency
2 - Planning and Organising Workflow
- Planning and Organising Workflow
- Planning a Workflow
- Checkpoint 3
- Customer Service Workflow
- Tourism Booking Office Workflow
- Event Registration Workflow
- Service Workflow
- Time Constraints
- Time Management
- Managing Workflow
- The Delegation Process
- The Delegation Process Challenge
- Benefits of Delegation
- Delegation Video
- Delegation Video Challenge
- Damage Control: Delegation
- Checkpoint 4
- Communicating Workflows
- Maintaining Workplace Records
- Performance Reviews
3 - Monitoring and Supporting Team Members
- Monitoring Behaviour and Productivity
- Poor Performance
- Setting Targets
- Developing Team Members
- Sharing Ideas
- Supporting the Team
4 - Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Making Decisions
- The Decision-Making Process
- Effective Decision Making
- Problems That Require Decisions
- The Rational Decision-Making Process
- Checkpoint 5
- Types of Decision Makers
- Guidelines for Making Decisions
- Problem-Solving Principles
- Types of Problems in the Workplace
- The Problem-Solving Process
- Short-Term Versus Long-Term
- Group Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Group Problem Solving
- Group Problem Solving Challenge
- Factors that can be Assets or Liabilities
- Group Behaviour and Decision Making
- Dos and Donts for Group Decision Making
- Dealing with Operational Problems
- Reviewing a Decision
- Coping with the Unexpected
- Checkpoint 6
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.