While we can all reduce our own ecological footprint by reducing waste, recycling, reducing water consumption and using green energy in our personal lives, it is the workplace that provides many more opportunities to reduce environmental impact. Legislative requirements must be addressed, but the financial benefits can also impact positively on a business.
Leadership is required to encourage change, to plan improved processes and to implement and review these plans.
Components in this Module
1 - Introduction
2 - Investigating Current Resource Usage Practices
- Identifying Environmental Regulations
- State Legislation
- Other Environmental Information
- Checkpoint 1
- Industry and Government Initiatives
- Green Table
- Tourism Initiatives
- Events Initiatives
- Checkpoint 2
- Taking Stock of Existing Procedures
- Green Policies and Procedures
- Analysing Procedures
- Finding Information on Efficiency
- Sharing Information
- The Communication Process
- Measuring and Reporting Current Usage
- Analysing and Documenting Current Purchasing Strategies
- Purchasing Appliances
- Application to the TH&E Industry
- Room Explorer
- Hidden Impacts on the Environment
- Checkpoint 3
- Freshwater and Wastewater Control
- Energy Conservation
- Checkpoint 4
- Waste Management
- Environmental Alternatives Challenge
- Equipment Impacts Challenge
- Hazardous Substances
- Land Use and Building Design
- Involving Staff and Community
- Checkpoint 5
3 - Greening Your Venue
- Greening Your Venue
- Step 1 - Creating a Green Team
- Relevant Information
- Step 2 - Identifying Current Consumption
- Checkpoint 6
- Step 3 - Comparing to Best Practice Models
- Step 4 - Setting Targets for Improvement
- Setting Targets
- Applying Continuous Improvement Strategies
- Employee Awareness
- Checkpoint 7
- Implementing an Environmental Improvement Plan
- Other Systems and Approaches
- Waste Management Hierarchy
- Quality Assurance Systems
- Implementing Costing Strategies
- Checkpoint 8
4 - Monitoring Performance
- Monitoring Performance
- Monitoring Performance Pt2
- Evaluating Outcomes
- How to Communicate Results
- The Final Report
- Checkpoint 9
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
The online courses are made up of a number of learning modules. Each module has an estimated time to complete them (click on the ‘i’ next to the module to get the time).
The time to complete a module can vary based on your existing knowledge of the material.
No need to finish the course in one session. You can log in and out as many times as you like, until the course end date. The course end date is shown when entering the training. The system remembers what you have completed and you can continue on from where you left off.
How does it work?
Once we receive confirmation of your payment (which could take up to 24 hours), you will receive an email with your login details. Go to the login page which will be emailed to you. Enter your details then click on the name of the course when you are ready to start.
How do I pay?
Pay with mastercard or visa through our secure PayPal internet payment facility. You can also select to ‘Generate an Invoice’ or ‘Make An Enquiry’ and we will get back to you with a group pricing as a quote or submission for you to respond to.
Who should do this course?
These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more or wants to extend their resume by becoming more knowledgable in their company.
How will I be assessed?
Each module is broken into sections with checkpoints, interactive challenges and quiz questions throughout. You are required to go through each section and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You can then correct your response and continue.
Will I receive a certificate?
These are non accredited corporate-based short courses and if successful you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Steps to proceed with enrolling in a Course
Step 1 – Select a Course(s) by adding it to the Shopping Cart.
Step 2 – Pay for the course (using Paypal).
Step 3 – Once we have received the payment we will send you an email confirming your order.
Step 4 – This email will have instructions for connecting to the course, your login ID and password.
Step 5 – Complete the online course.
Step 6 – Once the course has been successfully completed, you will have access to your certificate.